In just a few days, 2015 will come to a close. It’s weird to think the year is already over, especially when it feels like it just began.
2015 was a strange year; it feels like a great deal of it was spent waiting, without a lot of things happening. I know that’s not true, of course, because in mid-July I started keeping a list of all the things I was accomplishing. I’ll be starting a new page for 2016, but here are a few favorite achievements from 2015.
In 2015, I…
- Moved my blog to my website here
- Sent query letters for the first time
- Finished writing Serpent’s Wake
- Wrote, edited and published Gale’s Gift
- Wrote, edited and published Born of the Moon
- Read 12 books
- Did beta-reading for a friend
- Wrote several short stories and writing prompts
- Drew the cover for Crossroads of Frozen Eternity
- Made a miniature couch for my dolls
- Helped my husband start developing his own website
- Added the art gallery and drew several new pieces for it
- Sold my handcrafted jewelry at a craft fair
- Sewed several Halloween costume commissions
- Tried my hand at doll sculpting
- Filmed a handful of videos to share online in the future
- Created a calendar for Ithilear
- Repainted my craft room
- Completed 14 home improvement projects
- Started outlining Serpent’s Blood
- Celebrated a special 3-year-old’s birthday
…and that’s all I can think of right now, though I’m sure there are a lot more things I accomplished.
I didn’t do everything I wanted to do this year, but it’s not a bad list, and I already have a nice list of intentions for 2016. I’m not waiting until the new year to get started on them, but I am going to wait until 2016 to tell you what my goals for the new year are.
Tell you all about them in a week!